[MPlayer-users] Re: [-] Re: [-] XV display too wide

Julián Nuñez julian at proteger.org.ar
Mon Jan 31 21:04:57 CET 2005

Matthias Wieser wrote:

>>>...which is probabyl right for >95% of mplayer users.
>>>

>>which assuming 4:3 monitor aspect probably is, too.
>>

>No. Probably 50% of all displays bought in the last year do not have an
>aspect ratio of 4:3. More and more notebooks tend to have 15:9 displays
>and all 17" and 19" TFT displays do have a 4:5 aspect ratio.

Uh, I may be living in another world, but here in Argentina we barely
know what TFT displays are. 99.9% of users use 4:3 displays.

--
"El verdadero valor esta en hacer sin testigos, lo que podría hacerse delante de todo el mundo"

The danger lies not in the machine itself but in the user's failure to envision
the full consequences of the instructions he gives to it."
    Neal Stephenson

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of
totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?
    Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948), "Non-Violence in Peace and War"