[MPlayer-users] can anyone play the Oblivion trailer?

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Fri Jul 1 02:43:07 CEST 2005

On Thursday 30 June 2005 18:36, Oleynik Phil wrote:

> It says clearly - insufficient resources. Your card have not enough memory
> or xv driver is strange and cannot allocate mem for such a large overlay.
> My xv plays fine large movies, tested up to 1440px wide (Nvidia GeForce
> 128MB)

If you search freedesktop.org bugzilla for BadAlloc and matrox, you'll find
a known bug in the memory manager in certain X.org versions. I grepped
my local mailbox for the bugid but I don't seem to have that email anymore,
and I don't have www access at the moment, so I can't give direct link to
the bug number in question :-(

It manifests itself quicker on graphics cards with smaller memory, and when
running fat bloated desktops which stuff the card full of pixmaps.