[MPlayer-users] mplayer: relocation error: /usr/lib/libavcodec-cvs.so

raid517 raid517 at ukonline.co.uk
Sun Jul 3 15:53:49 CEST 2005

OK I just built Mplayer from the latest CVS snapshot, however even after
removing the offending library (rm libavcodec-cvs.so - which I did
before rebuilding mplayer) I am still getting errors. The error I now
get is:

raid517 at linux1:~$ mplayer
mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libavcodec-cvs.so: cannot

Again I ask is there any working verssion of this library anywhere that
would allow me to run Mplayer again?

I can't imagine living without Mplayer in my Linux install - it is all I
have used for the last 3 years.

GJ