[MPlayer-users] Question on converting to DivX4...

Rainer Hantsch office at hantsch.co.at
Mon Jul 4 17:13:32 CEST 2005

Hello,

my friend gave me two files from a TV-Series, recorded by a linux based dbox2.

moviename.mp2 .......... I guess, an mpeg-2 audio stream
moviename.mpv .......... This is the video stream

I would like to mencode this into a normal divx4 file, but I do not know how.
I tried to feed the mp2 file into mencoder as I do with multiplexed AV files
to convert it into a frameno.avi, but mencoder makes problems.

Can someone, please, leave me a example on how to do that? Can I possibly feed
both (video and audio) into mencoder at the same time and do a 1-pass
conversion?

Please, help.

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch