[MPlayer-users] Question on converting to DivX4...

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Jul 5 06:18:22 CEST 2005

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 20:00:22 +0200 (CEST)
Rainer Hantsch <office at hantsch.co.at> wrote:

> I tried pp=0x20000  and  also  pp=0x7f   (as recommended in the man
> pages). Both actually give a relatively good result (interlacing
> vanishes nearly completely), but the resulting DivX gets noisy
> (picture shows sometimes artifacts). 0x7f seems to give poorer result
> than 0x20000, especially in HighMotion scenes.

You must have an incredibly old man page there...

The most suggested deinterlacer is "pp=md".  If you don't like the
artifacts from that one, try "pp=lb", but you can expect ghosting
artifacts during fast-motion scenes with that.

It's a matter of preference.  You're simply going to get some artifacts
from any method of deinterlacing you use.