[MPlayer-users] Question on converting to DivX4...

Jeff Clagg snacky at ikaruga.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 08:59:07 CEST 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 01:22:27AM -0500, Kichigai Mentat wrote:
> On Jul 4, 2005, at 23.18, RC wrote:
> >The most suggested deinterlacer is "pp=md".  If you don't like the
> >artifacts from that one, try "pp=lb", but you can expect ghosting
> >artifacts during fast-motion scenes with that.
> Well, personally I like the lavcdeint filter. It does the job well
> enough for me, and I work with both DVDs and uncompressed DV, high
> and low motion scenes.

As long as we're chiming in on this subject:

tfields is very valuable for deinterlacing high-motion content. With any
other deinterlacing method, motion is sometimes left so chunky looking
that it can be hard to follow what's going on.

tfields will leave some amount of visible flickering on stationary
sharp horizontal edges, which may make it unsuitable or annoying for
some types of content.