[MPlayer-users] Question on converting to DivX4...

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Jul 6 06:03:54 CEST 2005

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 01:59:07 -0500
Jeff Clagg <snacky at ikaruga.co.uk> wrote:

> tfields is very valuable for deinterlacing high-motion content. With
> any other deinterlacing method, motion is sometimes left so chunky
> looking that it can be hard to follow what's going on.

I think you might be talking about mplayer's [problem] of not being
threaded.  Or do you still have the problem if you playback something
that was deinterlaced and re-encoded?

Though I've watched plenty of fast-motion videos, I've never had a
problem following what was going on with any deinterlacer...

(except scrolling text)