[MPlayer-users] introducing DVD-to-DivX approach that fixes A/V sync problems

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Jul 7 10:00:17 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 12:29:40PM +0200, Joachim Jautz wrote:
> Do I miss some important technical detail? If the distortion were
> `SERIOUS', it would be audible, I assume? To me the result sounds
> perfect.

I'd say in a lot of cases you can't here the difference between 96 and
128 kbps MP3s, nevertheless many people use even higher rates normally.
But I can tell you that for a good audio CD the maximum value should be
at 90%, so it probably isn't only the MP3 codecs that have problems with
the maximum value (and it might be a good idea to have some "room" for
postprocessing, like equalizer or dithering anyway).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger