[MPlayer-users] Bug Report: jpeg to avi is broken

Philip Walden pwaldenlinux at pacbell.net
Thu Jul 7 21:28:33 CEST 2005

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

>On 7/4/05, Philip Walden <pwaldenlinux at pacbell.net> wrote:
>[..]

>>>It's all available on the web:
>>>http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/main/postproc/swscale_template.c
>>>
>>>last working version is for sure 1.114.
>>>
>>>The cvsweb service will generate for you any patch to go from one
>>>version to another.
>>>Here is the one you're looking for (I think)
>>>
>>>http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/main/postproc/swscale_template.c.diff?r1=text&tr1=1.117&r2=text&tr2=1.114&f=u
>>>
>>>Guillaume
>>>

>>Hi
>>
>>I am still planning to work on this, but I have not had the free time yet.
>>
>>I have played around a bit to notice that with the 1.0pre7, that the top
>>20 lines (or so) of the playback are roughly correct, the lower rest of
>>the image is displaying the incorrect frames. Would this fact point to a
>>buffer that is not being reset or loaded correctly? I ideas as which
>>routines to look at under gdb?
>>

>Just FYI, current CVS do no suffer from the swscale bug anymore.
>
>Guillaume

Ok I built the 20050707 CVS tree, and now it nolonger core dumps.

However the original problem remains,

"The first 100 frames of the rendered movie seem to alternate between a
the first and a blank frame, then it switches to alternating between the
first and a frame much further along. As the movie progresses, the
frames slowly change but always are out of order"