[MPlayer-users] transform .mkv in divx and add sub in an .avi

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 15:59:45 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 7/8/05, octane <octane at alinto.com> wrote:
> two questions.
>
> 1.
> I got a mkv file which have 2 sound channel and 2 sub files.
> I can play nice the movie with mplayer.
> I want:
> change the video codec, use one sound channel, and 1 sub file
> in order to have a single divX file.
> How can I do that with mencoder?

Just consider it as if you were trancoding a DVD file. So yes, you
sure can do that.

> I have a .avi file and a sub .srt file. I want to mix them in order
> to have the file _with_ the sub.

I don't think it's possible to do that with MEncoder (but I never
tried), but I'm sure it's something you can do with mkvmerge (to
create a matroska file). Note that you no not need to mux the sub
inside your video file. Just name it as your video file; For instance:

Amelie.avi and Amelie.srt

> Also, I need to intriduce a -subdelay.
> How can I do that with mencoder?

subdelay for mencoder is being worked on as we speak by Oded Shimon.
It should get into mainline... when it's ready. You sure may subscribe
to our development mailing list to benefit from it as soon as it's
released. It's probably need some testing, so if could help Oded by
reporting all the problems that you experienced, that sure would be
much appreciated.

Best regards,

Guillaume
--
Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a
kiss and fifty cents for your soul.