[MPlayer-users] Re: BUG - Garbled output playing realaudio

Neil Sleightholm neil at x2systems.com
Sun Jul 10 11:04:07 CEST 2005

Martin McCormick wrote:

> "Neil Sleightholm" writes:
> > When playing the live realaudio streams from BBC website the output
> > from mplayer becomes garbled - it sounds like 2 streams are playing
> > at the same time but out of sync. I think this has been reported in
> > the past but I haven't seen a resolution.
>
> 	I have had exactly the same thing happen a couple of times
> from the BBC system and once from Radio Australia's feed.  If you quit
> mplayer and restart it again, all is usually well.
>
> 	One day, while listening to Radio1, the problem occurred
> during a song.  The song was the only audio one could hear, but it was
> as if the song was shredded in to little segments and then randomly
> reconstituted.
>
> 	As I think of it, I should have waited for 3 or 4 minutes to
> see if the garbage appeared to be moving forward or just reshuffling
> the same fragments of sound around and around, but I didn't think of
> that before I had stopped mplayer.
>
> Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
> OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group

Thanks for the reply. Yes, as you say, starting again it is ok but I am
using this from a server application and it is inconvinient to restart.
I have left the stream running to see what happens and it seems to just
stay the same. As this doesn't happen with real player I assume this is
a bug in mplayer or something that real player handles differently.

Neil