[MPlayer-users] Console doesn't work in slave mode in windows?

Yaro Pollak slava at plris.com
Mon Jul 11 17:31:26 CEST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jake Benilov" <benilov at gmail.com>
To: "MPlayer usage questions, feature requests, bug reports"
<mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 15:55
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Console doesn't work in slave mode in windows?

> On 7/11/05, Yaro Pollak <slava at plris.com> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> > I'm sorry, my previous post was a bit misleading. Instead, it seems that
> > MPlayer doesn't enter slave mode at all. Even though I run it with
> > mplayer.exe -slave it still catches keystrokes (goes fullscreen when I
press
> > f, seeks on arrows, etc.). Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Yaro

I'm sorry if I've wasted your time, I think I resolved it now.
It seems that indeed I confused a few things. First of all I guess I was
confusing console commands with in-program commands. What threw me off was a
remark in Mplayer documentation "Instead of intercepting keyboard events,
MPlayer will read commands separated by a newline (n) from stdin". It indeed
stopped intercepting keyboard events in the console window, but it kept
intercepting them in the video window and that was rather confusing.
Second, the windows console indeed works weird (as I described), but running
the program from MSYS in slave mode works perfectly. As I discovered that,
there was one last issue to resolve, and that is why my application pipe
didn't work. I resolved that as well and now it works great, although I'm
not exactly sure why. All I did was to run mplayer with -quiet -slave (to
suppress status line), and not just -slave.

Thank you very much for helping me,
Best regards
Yaro