[MPlayer-users] resume playback after closing mplayer

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 18:06:01 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 13 July 2005 07:29 am, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 08:12:14PM +1000, Paul Bartlett wrote:
> > Is there some way that mplayer can retun the value of the number of
> > seconds where it was stopped, or even if there is a way that it can
> > output to the console where it is up to every few seconds so that I can
> > trap it with a script?
>
> The get_time_pos slave command will return the current playback time,
> and it should be easy to add an get_byte_pos slave command.
> Though I heard that using slave mode under windows is non-trivial (and
> actually does not work on win9x).

I would really like to see a "get_byte_pos" and maybe even a "get_bytes" or
something like that

get_byte_pos - tells you what byte is being processed.. (could even give back
the byte position of the last key frame)

get_bytes - tells you how many bytes mplayer sees in the stream.

That functionality would be nice. I could use it in mplayerplug-in to make
sure the progress bar works.

set_byte_pos - sets the byte mplayer is to process next (probably should be a
key frame byte address).

might be helpful as well.

Kevin