[MPlayer-users] Bug Report: jpeg to avi is broken

Philip Walden pwaldenlinux at pacbell.net
Sat Jul 16 23:03:34 CEST 2005

Reimar Döffinger wrote:

>On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 01:21:33PM -0700, Philip Walden wrote:
>

>>Philip Walden wrote:
>>

>[...]
>

>>>"The first 100 frames of the rendered movie seem to alternate between
>>>a the first and a blank frame, then it switches to alternating between
>>>the first and a frame much further along. As the movie progresses, the
>>>frames slowly change but always are out of order"
>>>

>>Any suggestions as to where to look for the source of the problem?
>>

>Maybe MPlayer simply can't handle your JPEG files? Tried converting them to png? or just open and resave them in gimp. Or...?

Well I tried it on a directory of jpegs saved from a scanner program and
it did perform much better, at least accounting for blanks caused by
differences in picture size from frame to frame.

So it would seem you guess might be correct. I would think that mplayer
would wanty to be able to handle most jpegs. Could I send someone a
sample of a few jpegs to see what they can find about these things?

Converting a 1000 jpegs to png is not what I wanted to do. I was hoping
for something that could automatically convert these webcam pictures to
a movie on the fly daily or hourly without a lot of pre-processing.