[MPlayer-users] segmentation fault

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 10:20:19 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 7/17/05, Olivier GRENIE <ogrenie at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> I have got a huge problem: recently mplayer stopped
> working. I have got the following message:
>
> root at OlGren[1:38]~# mplayer
> Segmentation fault
>
> There is no other messages. Currently, I am using the
> last stable version: 1.0-pre7. Any suggestion to find
> out what's going on...

1) Never use the root account to root account to run mplayer (unless
you have a very good reason to do so)
2) Check if your ram is okay: http://www.memtest.org/
3) See if re-installing MPlayer, or using the CVS version doesn't do the trick
4) Check if you don't have dumb settings in your ~/.mplayer/ directory

Cheers,

Guillaume
--
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to
get its pants on.