[MPlayer-users] Re: [-] Re: [-] Crop before deinterlacing OK?

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Jul 23 04:28:28 CEST 2005

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 05:58:28PM -0700, RC wrote:
> Just to be clear, make sure you aren't just using detc/ivtc (or just
> a deinterlacer). The inverse telecine filter should be followed by a
> deinterlacer (except with filmdint, which I wouldn't recomend).

ABSOLUTELY NOT!! YOU SHOULD NEVER, NEVER MIX THE TWO. IT'S COMPLETE
NONSENSE!

If you follow inverse telecine by a deinterlacer, output will be
almost as bad as if you just used a deinterlacer. The two operations
are mutually exclusive. If you have a mix of telecined and video
content, you really need to use a filter that supports this, and the
only one that does is filmdint. OR, just use tfields and deinterlace
to 60fps...

Rich