[MPlayer-users] Codec for HD-DVD WMV9

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Sun Jul 24 16:39:14 CEST 2005

Nico Sabbi wrote:

Hutti wrote:

>> Hy all,
>>
>> I have two DVD's which are in HD-DVD codec with WMV9. Is there a codec
>> with which I can watch this DVD's in mplayer? I can see a few smaler
>> files on this DVD's, size between 20 and 90 MB. But the main file
>> would not be shown, mplayer crashes.
>>
>> Thanx for your help
>>
>> Hutti
>>
>usually -vc wmv9dmo works.
>
>Anyway, just out of curiosity, what's the container format? asf/wmv?

most hd-dvd video is drm protected, so you wont be playing it with mplayer
there is a program called undrm and others that can decrypt the wmvhddvd to hd

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=527136

read that thread for more information grab the undrm.zip and mp9dll pack
and have fun!

also, mplayer should never crash, what ver mplayer, how did you install it?
compiling manually from source fixes a lot of crashing problems :)

-compn