[MPlayer-users] Re: Crop before deinterlacing OK?

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Tue Jul 26 06:00:45 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 01:20, Jason Tackaberry wrote:
> I'd be ecstatic to see MPlayer have something like this, but I have a
> hunch there might be some architectural issues. :)

Yes, I think so. I have looked into it a few months ago (the DScaler code,
not what's in xinelib) and it wasn't trivial. I mean, one could convert it
to C and all, but IMHO it would be better to write an avisynth and/or
virualdub videofilter wrapper, so you get a whole bunch of filters all at
once (like I did for ladspa, instead of porting an audio limiter filter).

Btw why isn't there something like ladspa for video? Lots of people are
(re)creating and/or porting the same filters over and over again for
numerous applications. IMHO there should be one API for the whole lot, from
Adobe Premiere to Cinelerra to Kino to MPlayer.

--Ivo