[MPlayer-users] new wmv codec?

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Tue Jul 26 18:53:27 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 18:41, zikzak at tele2.fr wrote:
> Mplayer-CVS play it without problem but the quality is crappy.
>
> Selected video codec: [wmv9dmo] vfm:dmo (Windows Media Video 9 DMO)

This is the second time today I come accross a wmv stream that doesn't play
correctly on my machine. It's the ffwmav2 decoder that has problems with
22050Hz audio it seems (both streams had that). With default settings, I
get no sound and no image.

mplayer -nosound http://blablabla

and

mplayer -afm dmo http://blablabla

plays fine though.

mplayer -v shows a lot of "lavc_audio: error". Looks like somebody ( :) )
needs to write up a decent bugreport. I'm not sure it's lavc or mplayer
that's buggy.

--Ivo