[MPlayer-users] Problems

Giulio Daprelà daprela at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 02:17:30 CEST 2005

Hi all,
I'm completely new on this list, and I'd like to understand better
some issues I have in my installation
.
My system works with a kernel 2.11.ck7 patched to have the supermount
feature. On this system I've installed the last version of MPlayer,
GMPlayer, and also the KPlayer frontend.

Issues:

1)
I have a lot of problems with gmplayer.A lot of video formats don't
work. Each time i try to run an avi, wmv, mpe and other video formats,
it freezes.
The dvd works, but with a dvd of Star Trek I have a lot of problems
with the audio: there are only four languages to choose from (with dvd
player there are almost 10 languages available, including italian, my
language) and.. if I choose spanish it speaks french, if I choose
french it speaks german and if I choose german it speaks spanish. The
subtitles works fine!

2)
KPlayer is a frontend to MPlayer, right? Ok, the previous video
formats don't freeze the application, but I can only listen to the
audio. The dvd doesen't works, and freezes the application.

If I run MPlayer directly from the command line, even from Konsole in
KDE, all works perfectly. I can see all the video formats and dvds
withou any problem in video or audio. Why, then, with KPlayer it
doesen't works?
I'v tried to add
vo=xvidix
in the config file, but nothing has changed. From the command line
MPlayer works with and without this option.

At this point I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any
suggestions? I'd like having almost KPlayer working

Giulio