[MPlayer-users] Problems

Giulio Daprelà daprela at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 11:41:07 CEST 2005

> I've tested one dvd with kplayer right away and video and audio played just
> fine. Some mplayer features were missing of course (adjust pan-scan, switch
> audio track..) but I can't confirm that the video stream isn't working.. :-/
>
> Notice that kplayer is no official mplayer application. Maybe it's something
> you should report at 'the other side'..
>
> Sebastian

As I said in my first email, from the command line all works: all
video formats that don't work with the graphic interfaces, from the
command line work fine. Also the dvd work, but I haven't verified the
selection of audio languages.
I've also tried different video drivers, with the option -vo:
xv, xvidix, dga, x11 works. Fbdev don't work (I only listen to the
audio and don't see the video).

With Xine and the same dvd (Star Trek) I could access the menu and
select the language I want, and it works, but this is the only
advanteg of Xine, compared to Mplayer.

My graphic card is an ATI Radeon 9000.
The version of MPlayer I've installed is the 1.0pre7.

At this point I'll write to the developers of KPlayer, thank you for your help.

I wonder also if I must forget Gmplayer. Is there something I could
try for this application?

Giulio