[MPlayer-users] [OT] AC3 vs. DTS

Wed Jul 27 21:26:33 CEST 2005

Hi Giacomo Comes!

 On 2005.07.27 at 14:43:11 -0400, Giacomo Comes wrote next:

> The article is intresting because explains why DTS seems to be
> better than AC3, but it is not truly related to the encoding
> capabilities of mencoder. mencoded cannot encode dts nor it can
> copy the dts stream from a DVD into the mpeg container (it can only
> copy it in the avi container).

Please tell how. I already asked this on the list, no one answered.
Using -oac copy on video with dts stream either produces a huge amount
of frame drops which results in jerky video and a/v desync, with -mc 0
it crashes soon with "too many audio packets" messages.

Replacing ac3 track by dts using -audiofile doesn't work too (a/v
desync)

--

Vladimir