[MPlayer-users] ffmpeg xvidff.c:91: `xvid_plugin_single_t' undeclared

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Thu Jul 28 06:00:02 CEST 2005

On Thursday 28 July 2005 05:33, Philip Walden wrote:
> I presume this is because I have RH9 and an old xvid.h.
>
> Question is where do I go to get a recent xvid.h?

Probably http://www.xvid.org/ :-)

If libxvidcore is installed as an .rpm by RH9, remove it with rpm -e. (check
the name with rpm -qa | grep -i xvid or something). Then download the
tarball of xvid.org and follow instructions for compilation and
installation.

You can also download a source rpm of a later libxvid version of RH or FC
and use rpm --rebuild thatrpmfile.src.rpm. I have done that on Mandrake
with a lot of programs and libraries in the past. You might have to satisfy
some other dependencies (autotools etc...). Rebuild them all from the
source rpms. Never (I repeat, never) force binary builds of rpms that have
dependency problems. It fscks up your installation, especially (g)libc
stuff. Rebuild with you current compiler and libraries or update those
first (all from source rpms offcourse). Or just update your distro :-)
Which btw can also be done from the commandline with a decent internet
connection. No need to do a fresh install from cd/dvd. Google for
instructions on that.

--Ivo