[MPlayer-users] How to ignore subcp for certain files?

Sun Jul 31 17:32:07 CEST 2005

Is there a way to force mplayer ignore subcp= option in config for
certain files? Without specifying another -subcp in command line, of
course.

I want to add some unicode characters to subtitle file, but I can't
afford to change "subcp = cp1251" option in config file. I thought there
was a way to do this by adding utf8 signature to the beginning of file
(srt subs), but it doesn't work for me now. Mplayer ignores signature
and continues to treat file in cp1251 encoding.

Also, -utf8 and -unicode switches are ignored if subcp is specified.
Should they really only mean something when no subcp is defined, or this
is a bug?

I'm using freetype ttf rendering for OSD.

--

Vladimir