[MPlayer-users] Recording streaming baseball radio on mlb.com

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 23:08:27 CEST 2005

On 6/2/05, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at rangers.eu.org> wrote:
> On Thursday, 02 June 2005 at 18:14, Chris Grafham wrote:
> > thanks,  can I use mencoder to convert the wmv stream (I think) to mp3?
>
> There's no such thing as a wmv stream. It could be asf stream, and no,
> you can't use mencoder to output mp3. MEncoder is a movie encoder.

True, but you can convert an audio track of a movie to a movie audio
track that will be used as sound during the conversion:
http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-mpeg4.html

> You can, however, use mplayer -ao pcm to output wav and your favourite
> mp3 encoder to compress it. You can even do it over a pipe to save disk
> space.

That too, yeah.

Guillaume
--
Jazz music and Open Source development looks like chaos to an
untrained eye, but end-up producing masterpieces like "Kind of Blue"