[MPlayer-users] Newbie question, I know ...

Martin Collins martin at mkcollins.org
Fri Jun 3 10:10:36 CEST 2005

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 01:46:53 +0200
Henrik Nielsen <museion at kalliope.org> wrote:

> No matter how I resize or enter full screen, the actual picture area
> won't become larger, while the black borders just increase when I
> try to resize or enter full screen.

This is to do with the -vo you are using. It sounds like you are using
the x11 vo which does not do hardware scaling, -zoom will do software
scaling which is fine if your computer is fast enough. For hardware
scaling you need xv or xvidix, or xmga if you have a Matrox card.

Type 'mplayer -vo help' in a terminal to see if these are available.
Type 'xvinfo' to see if your video card is set up for xv.

Martin