[MPlayer-users] Real Audio decode problem on MPlayer

sam sam at emsoftltd.com
Fri Jun 3 14:38:51 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I've encountered an audio decoding problem of a real format file.
I'm using daily snapshot of MPlayer (MPlayer-20050602) with real codec 8
for the testing.

When I play the movie from the beginning, audio output is not correct
after playback for 22 seconds (before that, everything work well).

When I started the playback from 22 seconds like below, the output audio
is not correct.
./mplayer ./Feel_Good_Time.rm -quiet -ss 00:00:22

But when I tried to playback from 23 seconds, the output audio work
perfectly.
./mplayer ./Feel_Good_Time.rm -quiet -ss 00:00:23

I suspected that the audio output have problem after decoding the
content between 22s-23s.

You can download the testing movie from:
http://home.cyberec.com/~embed/Feel_Good_Time.rm

I also try RealPlayer 8 from Realnetwork, the audio output is correct.

Therefore I suspect that there is a problem in the real audio frontend
of the MPlayer.

Do anyone have ideas?

Thanks,
Sam