[MPlayer-users] MPlayer, Ubuntu Hoary and no OSD...

Lee McLain lee.mclain at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 01:45:22 CEST 2005

Hi all,
   I have compiled MPlayer 1.0pre7 with OSD menu support(...yes) and
made sure that the fonts were located in
/usr/local/share/mplayer/font, but I still don't have any on-screen
display.  I have tried to toggle the OSD on/off, but no luck.
   I did notice that the fontconfig heading came up with a 'no', but I
don't know why that would be, fontconfig IS installed on the system.
   Has anyone else had the same problem with Ubuntu Hoary(5.04)?

Thanks,
Lee