[MPlayer-users] dumpstream to a pipe

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Jun 9 21:28:31 CEST 2005

Jake Benilov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is probably a silly question, but is it possible to dump the
> mplayer stream to a pipe rather than into a file? If so, then how
> would i go about doing that?

Do you mean, a named pipe in the filesystem? That's simple: just specify
the name of the pipe as the output file. If on the other hand you mean a
pipe on the command line, that can't be done at present, although
progress is (very slowly) being made towards making it possible.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.