[MPlayer-users] Extract AAC Audio Fails

Kichigai Mentat kichigai at comcast.net
Fri Jun 10 22:28:49 CEST 2005

"A company is like a monster. And it's my job to find smaller
monsters for it to eat."
     --Charlotte Pickles, "The Rugrats"

On Jun 9, 2005, at 13.37, Brent Robertson wrote:

> Hi there;
>
> I use mplayer to extract audio from MOV files and typically it
> works wonderfully!  However, ones with AAC don't seem to extract
> properly -- I get a blank WAV.
Can you give us locations of example files? If we can compare what's
going on with your system to what happens when we try, we can see if
it's a more general problem.
>   :-(  The audio is played just fine when I view the MOV in
> mplayer.  This problem seems platform independent -- I get the same
> results on Linux and MacOS X.  My command line looks like this:
>   [localhost]% mplayer my_file.mov -really-quiet -channels 1 -ao
> pcm:waveheader:file= my_file.wav -vo null -vc
                                 Get rid of that. We need to see what
it's spewing.