[MPlayer-users] Subtitles in an avi file

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Jun 13 22:09:45 CEST 2005

The Wanderer wrote:

> Roberto Togni wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:36:53 -0400 The Wanderer
>> <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> [posting avisubdump somewhere on a permanent basis]

>>> The question becomes where to post it, then, The obvious place
>>> would be somewhere on the MPlayer site, but I'm not sure how
>>> appropriate that would be, or how to do it properly, and I don't
>>> have write access there anyway.
>>
>> We could put it in the TOOLS/ directory in MPlayer cvs if the
>> author agrees.
>
> That does seem appropriate. The author is Tobias Diedrich, who was
> subscribed to at least MPlayer-dev-eng once upon a time; if he
> doesn't speak up here in the next day or so, I'll assume he's no
> longer subscribed and will try to contact him to ask about this.

This turns out to have been unnecessary, because the source as he posted
it (confirmed by checking the copy in my mail archive) is GPLed - but
I've contacted him anyway, because I didn't realize that in time, and he
said sure, go ahead. I'll try to post a patch over on -dev-eng sometime
fairly soon, except in the unlikely case that someone beats me to it.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.