[MPlayer-users] mplayer and -stop-xscreensaver

Bennett Perkins bennett.perkins at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jun 15 09:06:29 CEST 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:37:11 +0200
Francois du Toit <fpdutoit.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I turn stop-xscreensaver on, mplayer pauses a long time before starting to
> play while disabling the screensaver. Any way to speed this up?
>
> I'm using xscreensaver on gentoo linux.

I had this problem a while ago, when I used gentoo. I can't remember exactly how I solved it, but I think it had something to do with old gnome and/or gtk config files that were sitting in my home directory. Try removing (ie. moving to a backup directory) all your .gtk* and .gnome* files/directories, and see if that solves the problem.

On the other hand, maybe I just solved it by not using -stop-xscreensaver; it was a while ago and I can't really remember. But hopefully this helps. ;)

Bennett.