[MPlayer-users] Strange Subtitle Problem (Star Wars DVD)

Imi theos imitheos at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 15 11:43:49 CEST 2005

Hi.

I use mplayer for a long time and everything works perfectly(Text sub
files,vobsub,DVDs)
I have watched near 100 dvds and every one worked perfectly.

The only problem i have is with the star wars dvds (Episode 4,5,6).

I have searched the archives and found a post about the same thing (Also
about starwars :) )
but the answers were to try -sid.

I have tried -sid 0-4 but i can't see anything.
I only get some subtitles here and there and only the sid 0 (English) ones
whatever -sid i try.
If i seek with the arrow keys  and happen on a subtitle, it is visible, but
not on normal playback.

I have tried mencoder dvd://1 -nosound -ovc copy -o /dev/null -vobsubout
test -sid 0-4 and then
all the subtitles are visible but again its the english subtitles regardless
the -sid

I thought the dvds are not good, but i tried them in a friend's pc with
powerdvd and are played ok.
Also, in xine too.

I don't like xine, and i certainly don't like windows/powerdvd.

Is there anything i can do to fix this problem ?

If you need any info about my configs or anything, tell me.

Thank you for your time.