[MPlayer-users] Strange Subtitle Problem (Star Wars DVD)

Imi theos imitheos at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 16 13:44:05 CEST 2005

Hello Alex.

>Now for the problem: It's not about selecting the right subtitle channel,
>but the subtitles themselves are coded in a somewhat unfamiliar manner, b/c
>I always get
>"SPUasm: invalid frag len / len2: 69 / 0  228/228  0%  0%  2.6% 0 0
>SPUasm: invalid frag len / len2: 1833 / 0 12/312  0%  0%  2.3% 0 0
>SPUasm: invalid frag len / len2: 1177 / 0 74/374  0%  0%  2.1% 0 0"
>  or something like it. So it ought be a problem in the subtitle decoder,
>either when reading the data to add in some more tolerant code (which
>does some workaround for the division by zero or something is wrong with
>reading the subtitle data itself and therefore it is not interpreted the
>right way.

You are absolutely right. I get the same SPUasm error too.
About the episodes you are right too. Only 4,5,6 have this problem.

I consider myself familiar with mplayer too. I have used it for a long time
and "mencodered"
almost any format -> any format. But i can't find a solution to it.

Either the solution is terribly easy and we can't see it, or it is some
fault of the subtitles decoder
as you said.

The funny thing is that mplayer works for every other dvd (so someone
guesses it is not mplayer's
fault), but also the starwars dvds work with every other player (so someone
guesses that they don't
use some extreme coding)

I hope someones knows what is the fault.