[MPlayer-users] gmplayer error, slack 10.1

m.modular m_modular at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 22:30:46 CEST 2005

i upgraded my laptop from slackware 10 to 10.1, and mplayer from
pre6 to pre7 current, and now gmplayer won't run. mplayer works,
but gmplayer just hangs with an "error" dialog with no text in
it, eating up 99% cpu until i control C or kill it. i can't find
much in the way of error messages to go on, only this when
starting from console:

-----------------------------------
MPlayer 1.0pre7-3.3.4 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel Pentium M Banias (Family: 6, Stepping: 5)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2

vo: X11 running at 1400x1050 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":0.0" =>
local display)
[ws] Sorry, your system does not support the XShape extension.
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display
":0.0".

the compile said i did have support for the XShape extension,
though. (?) i put Load "extmod" in xorg.config, but that didn't
help. i have the same exact kernel options and xorg.conf as i
had with slack 10. should i try the earlier version of mplayer
that worked with 10 (one of the 1.0pre6 versions, i think)?
anything else i could try?

thank u,
m.modular