[MPlayer-users] playlist freeze

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Jun 18 11:10:00 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 10:39:09PM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > this what i typed;
> >
> > find /volumes/mack/music -type f -fprint playlist
> > find: -fprint: unknown expression primary
> >
> > did i get this wrong?
>
> No, Reimar made a (deliberate? :>) typo and you didn't read `man find`.

No I didn't. -fprint works with my find version. Unfortunately everybody
seems to have a different one (I always go crazy when I have to use BSD
find).
Maybe find /volumes/mack/music -type f -fprintf playlist works for you,
or you can just use
find /volumes/mack/music -type f > playlist
it's just a tiny bit slower...
The only important thing is that the playlist only containst files, not
directories - and that's what -type f takes care of.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger