[MPlayer-users] Strange Subtitle Problem (Star Wars DVD)

Alexander Roalter roalter at cs.tum.edu
Sat Jun 18 11:45:24 CEST 2005

Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> Hi,
> On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 02:03:03AM +0200, alex wrote:
> > Problem is, dumping the DVD and playing it works fine (finally), but
> > playing from DVD does not the trick, the subtitles from sids > 8 won't
> > show. Maybe because they're not listed in the IFO? didn't look into it
> > yet.
>
> Hmm... try -vobsubid.

Now from my understanding -> is there a difference in vobsubid and sid
for DVDs, or should I dump the vobsub-file prior to it? still it is
annoying having to keep files separate in order to play DVDs correctly.

Any guess about why subtitles (sid) working in dumped DVD work, whilst
not working on the DVD itself?

cheers,
Alex