[MPlayer-users] online radio/shoutcast current song information is not shown when using -v flag

t35t0r t35t0r at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 01:53:51 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've searched the user mailing list for information on the subject of
getting mplayer or gmplayer to show the current song that is playing
when I load a shoutcast station off of shoutcast.com. I've found that
using the -v option lists some ICY header information but it does not
show the name of the song (as stated in previous posts regarding this
subject).

/home/user> mplayer -v -nocache -playlist
"http://shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutcast-playlist.pls?rn=366125&file=filename.pls"
MPlayer 1.0pre7-3.4.3 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
Connecting to server 218.153.10.53[218.153.10.53]:8172 ...
--- HTTP DEBUG HEADER --- START ---
protocol:           [ICY]
http minor version: [0]
uri:                [(null)]
method:             [(null)]
status code:        [200]
reason phrase:      [OK]
body size:          [1187]
Fields:
 0 - icy-notice1:<BR>This stream requires <a
href="http://www.winamp.com/">Winamp</a><BR>
 1 - icy-notice2:SHOUTcast Distributed Network Audio Server/Linux v1.8.3<BR>
 2 - icy-name:Netmarble Cast: MUSICPULSE TRANCE RADIO  MUSIC PULSE
 3 - icy-genre:Trance House Techno  Eurodance
 4 - icy-url:http://www.mptrance.com/minibrw/cast.html
 5 - icy-pub:1
 6 - icy-br:192
--- HTTP DEBUG HEADER --- END ---
Name   : Netmarble Cast: MUSICPULSE TRANCE RADIO  MUSIC PULSE
Genre  : Trance House Techno  Eurodance
Website: http://www.mptrance.com/minibrw/cast.html
Public : yes
Bitrate: 192kbit/s
Cache size set to 0 KBytes
Connected to server: 218.153.10.53
Starting playback...

but on shoutcast.com where i got the url it's showing:

[Trance House Techno] Netmarble Cast: MUSICPULSE TRANCE RADIO MUSIC PULSE
Now Playing: DJ Tiesto - In Search Of Sunrise 4 Mix /
http://mptrance.com/listen.pls MUSICPULSE

How do I get mplayer to show "DJ Tiesto - In Search Of Sunrise 4 Mix"
..the name of the song.

Thanks