[MPlayer-users] DVD video error

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 10:16:33 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 6/24/05, Benjamin Sher <delphi123 at zebra.net> wrote:
> Dear friends:
>
> May I ask your help in deciphering this and making Mplayer work? I tried
> playing my DVD movie, but Mplayer came up with the following error message.
> Please see screenshot on my web site:
>
> http://www.websher.net/temp/mplayer1.png
>
> I really would like to be able to see my DVD movies in Linux. Would really
> appreciate your help.

The video output driver of MPlayer is likely not to be well
configured. Please configure it using the appropriate menu of
gmplayer, or launch gmplayer like this:
"gmplayer -vo x11 -zoom"

That should always work, but is sub-optimal, as you'd lack the
hardware acceleration.

therefore, try to see if this works:
"gmplayer -vo xv"

Guillaume
--
A woman isn't complete without a man.
But where do you find a man - a real man - these