[MPlayer-users] Conversion from avi to mpeg2 summary

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 15:47:19 CEST 2005

On 6/24/05, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 6/24/05, John Dickinson <john.k.dickinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have been working on converting an avi file from a digital camera to
> > mpeg2 (playable by windows media player and others(final target an
> > SVCD)) for the last week and have had help from several people on
> > these lists as well as requests to post the final command line so here
> > it is:
> >
> > mencoder -of mpeg -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> > vcodec=mpeg2video:mbd=2:keyint=25:vrc_minrate=600:vbitrate=2500 -oac
> > lavc -af lavcresample=44100 -srate 44100 -mpegopts format=mpeg2 in.avi
> > -o test.mpg
> >
> > The real trick seemed to be in getting the sound right.
> >
> > Without your help it wouldn't have happened. Even though I constantly
> > refered to the manpages I lacked the technical background for
> > "muxing", resampling, etc. or sufficient knowledge about my taget
> > format and its limitations to know what the error messages meant or
> > why things wouldn't work.
>
> Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure where I should add this to the
> ML, but I'll keep your mail on hand, and try to updade the doc ASAP.
>
> If you have a suggestion to make, or if you're willing to submit

Darn mail client and darn keyboard!

... If you have a suggestion to make (about where to put that
example), or/and if you're willing to submit a patch to add it, that
would be greatly appreciated.

If you don't quite know how to get started, we help you out and/or can
direct you to the appropriate doc.

Guillaume