[MPlayer-users] Feature request: color subtitles

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Jun 25 15:00:48 CEST 2005

Savchenko Andrew wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Can subtitles be color or moreover transparent in MPlayer? Sometimes
> white/gray one's are not suitable.

RTFM. Specifically, you want to read about the -sub-bg-colors and
-sub-bg-alpha options. (Something tells me there's a third option which
is more closely related, but I'm not finding it offhand.)

Note that these two simply allow you to make the subtitles use shades of
some other color than black; multicolor subtitles are apparently not
possible without an extensive redesign.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.