[MPlayer-users] Feature request: color subtitles

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Jun 25 18:44:28 CEST 2005

Rich Felker wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 09:00:48AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> Savchenko Andrew wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Can subtitles be color or moreover transparent in MPlayer?
>>> Sometimes white/gray one's are not suitable.
>>
>> RTFM. Specifically, you want to read about the -sub-bg-colors and
>> -sub-bg-alpha options. (Something tells me there's a third option
>> which is more closely related, but I'm not finding it offhand.)
>>
>> Note that these two simply allow you to make the subtitles use
>> shades of some other color than black; multicolor subtitles are
>> apparently not possible without an extensive redesign.
>
> Nope. They just let you pick the shade of gray. :)

Oh, right... apparently I've been misreading that portion of the man
page all this time. And I don't think I was even tired at the time,
although I certainly am now.

What was the third option I was remembering, then - the one which lets
you change what color is used for the OSD, and hence for the subtitles?
Or is my memory creating one where none exists? I certainly haven't been
able to dig it up in the man page today...

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.