[MPlayer-users] any filter to fix very weird interlace effects?

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Jun 29 19:28:43 CEST 2005

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:24:49 -0600
Mike Hodson <mystica at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > making a straight vertical line look jagged. If anyone can
> > > recommend a filter that would be able to remove this sort of
> > > artifacting, I'd appreciate it.

There's really nothing wrong in those pictures.  That's just what you
get with interlaced video.  Which deinterlacer are you using in those
shots?

The alternative is "pp=lb", but that has the side-effect of ghosting.
I seem to be the only one around here that prefers occasional ghosting
over lower resolution and aliasing.