[MPlayer-users] - Autodesk RLE NOSPAM

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Tue Mar 1 21:10:13 CET 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 09:11:11 +0100
krynn <krynn at volny.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i want to ask if there is some posibility, or in planing to use
> Autodesk RLE (AASC) Video CoDec with mplayer/mencoder?
> ((It is important to me, because Iam using camstudio for
> capturing avi from desktop and i need to encode it)).

Is there any specification about the format or does it have to be
reverse engineered from data/codec?
Is there a "standard" (vfw, dshow, dmo, quicktime, real, ...) binary
codec?

> How long can typically take to add codecs from users to
> mplayer/mencoder (with standard procedure to put sample into ftp)?

There is no timeline to add a codec, you have to be lucky enough that
someone is interested in doing it and (most important) have some spare
time to do it. Looking at the name it should not be a complex format, so
if there are some info available it will probably be done.

So please upload a few short samples and, if any, a binary codec.

Ciao,
 Roberto