[MPlayer-users] webcam codecs

jklaas jklaas at comcast.net
Wed Mar 2 20:28:06 CET 2005

Oh, I've got plenty of hardware to play with.  This was just a question to
determine if this would be another way to get proprietary hardware to work
with open source.

As far as buying proper pieces of hardware to work with, it is often
impossible to determine the type of hardware you are getting.  Even with
the so-called "higher-end" webcams.  Often you're lucky that the hardware
specs from past hardware from the same manufacturer and the same model
number matches over the course of manufacture.  So, I would have to say
that your comment about buying "proper" hardware is counterproductive.

Is there documentation on how to incorporate windows codecs in?  It is
not apparent to me where I would look in the code to get this to happen.
If you would be willing to point me towards the area of the code to
look, I'll see what I can come up with.

I apologize if you feel like this is a waste of your time.  Thank you for
any direction you can give.

--
			James Klaas

Procrastinate NOW!!!! -- Don't put it off.