[MPlayer-users] camtasia again.

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Mar 4 20:45:58 CET 2005

Hi,
On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 07:13:36PM +0100, Mauro A. Cremonini wrote:
> Unfortunately if I try to watch my presentation (1024x768, 32bpp) under KDE I
> get:

> SwScaler: BICUBIC scaler, from BGRA to Planar YV12 using MMX2
> VO: [xv] 1024x768 => 1024x768 Planar YV12
> X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)?,?% 0 0

It could be that your graphics card does not support such a large
resolution with xv (xvinfo should be able to tell you).
Try a different vo (-vo help will give you a list of those supported by
your version), or use -vf scale=... to scale it down (it will look a bit
uglier, but well, you can't have everything *g*)
If you have a graphics card that uses shared memory (i.e. doesn't have
its own but uses the normal), giving it more of it might help as well.
And last but not least setting XaaOffscreenPixmaps (something like that,
I don't remember the exact name) is supposed help at least with xorg in
many cases.
I have lately seen a lot of such reports, is there a FAQ entry for it?
If not, any volunteers for writing one??

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger