[MPlayer-users] Re: help wanted: using mencoder to make NTSC DVD from transport stream

JustFillBug mozbugbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Mar 6 16:33:33 CET 2005

On 2005-03-06, Aaron Peterson <dopplecoder at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I tested with and without -mc 0 -noskip and got basically the same
>> result.  Lag in both cases.  So I take it from your surprise, that
>> this should work well with most files, and this is probably an
>> exceptional case?  I uploaded 3 files to /MPlayer/incoming/video_lag:
>> the script (basically only contains the mplayer command line
>> executed), the source file and the destination file.  Hope it's
>> helpful :-)

I have solved some A/V desync problem by not using -mc 0 and let it skip
but add "harddup" to the -vf filter. For some files, I'll see a lot of
'skip frame' or 'duplicate frame' but the final result will have good
A/V sync.

I don't know what all the skipped frames will cause me, maybe some
quality drop?

You can try that and report your finding.