[MPlayer-users] Probem using GMplayer

isamu alva newedwards at linuxmail.org
Sun Mar 6 16:44:33 CET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Reimar Döffinger" <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>
To: "MPlayer usage questions, feature requests,  bug reports" <mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Probem using GMplayer
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 14:48:48 +0100

> Hi,
> On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 10:12:40AM +1000, Sunil Kumar Shukla wrote:
> > I am a new user to Linux. I have installed MPlayer 1.0pre5-3.4.1 that
> > comes as a package with Mandrake linux(2.6.8.1-12mdk).
>
> That's quite old and has some really annoying bugs, especially with the
> gui.
>
> > If i am running mplayer using command line (using the command 'mplayer
> > -playlist XXX'), everything works fine. If i use the command 'gmplayer',
> > a gui is invoked but when i select a song through gui, an Error message
> > appears "Couldn't open/initialize audio device -> no sound".
>
> Normally I'd say check your settings in the preferences dialog, but that
> might actually cause additional problems with pre5...
> So just try gmplayer -ao oss or gmplayer -ao alsa or... (mplayer -ao
> help gives a list of possibilities)
>
> Greetings,
> Reimar Döffinger

Hi Reimar, why dont try compiling a fresh CVs version instead the rpm with comes witk mdk?
this might avoid a lot of troubles , and remember that gui isn't supported bby the mplayer team (I mean the package of mdk)
I have some troubles with the same rpms but instead of use that simple download the cvd and voilà!
Greetings.
Alex