[MPlayer-users] mplayer and DVD => command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }

Ray whatdoineed2do at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 6 18:26:07 CET 2005

after getting a bit of advice, it turns out that the
region code of the drive was unset (as verifed by
linvdr.org/projects/regionset)

after forcing the region code mplayer is fine -- the
regioncode was unset; i'd never run windows on this
machine and hence never played any dvds previously

hope this note is useful for others in case others
come across similar issues.
-ray