[MPlayer-users] Re: Re: can't play back xvid avis >2gb

Justin Case justin_case at gmx.net
Mon Mar 7 11:01:57 CET 2005

>> i encode files with windows, since i have a mighty
>> bunch to encode
>
> Then this belongs on the mplayer-cygwin mailing list, not here (yes,
> that's for other versions of mplayer on windows, too.)

no, since i can't play a given file under linux. under windows there is no
problem, even with mplayer.

>> and also i tried cvs but it didn't fix my problem..
>
> Did you try with "-noodml" ?

yes, i tried that as well, also doesn't work.

i think it is quite an issue. noone is able to play back avis (at least
xvid, dunno about others) >2gb. so i couldn't for example watch large
captures and such..